New Zealand - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 18:57 - 0 Comments
Transport Minister Gerry Brownlee says confirmation work will get underway this year on the 27 kilometre Transmission Gully motorway is great news for all Wellingtonians.
“Today’s signing of a contract between the NZ Transport Agency and The Wellington Gateway Partnership to deliver the highway as a Public Private Partnership brings to an end decades of indecision and delay,” Mr Brownlee says.
“Transmission Gully is a very important section of the Government’s 110km Wellington Northern Gateway Road of National Significance.
“The Northern Gateway will provide a safer, more reliable and efficient highway connection from Wellington to Levin, and is long overdue.
“Transmission Gully will save lives, shorten peak journeys by as much as 15 minutes, remove heavy traffic from a number of local communities and provide a more resilient route that will open more quickly following natural disasters.
“And, as with all the Government’s seven Roads of National Significance, it will make an important economic region of the country more competitive by improving efficiency of movement for people and freight,” Mr Brownlee says.
NZTA and The Wellington Gateway Partnership aim to have Transmission Gully open for traffic by 2020.
- New Winston Peters book highly entertaining
- Gingko biloba and the Tebonin extract – Tree of Life?
- This morally and politically derelict government shames us – Amy Brooke
- Goodnight Malaysian…
- Blinded by the light – eco bulbs and smartphone screens a major sight risk
- Climate of fear
- Reaching out
- Book reviews – August 2014
- Lies, damned lies, and smart meters
- Memo to David Cunliffe – stop apologising, man!
- Separtists shot down MH17, shocked to discover it was civilian
- Australia: MH17 an ‘unspeakable crime’
- One law to rule us
- The asteroid strike that caused NZ mega-tsunami – RadioLive at 10pm
- Deep sea yacht rescue saves three in massive storm
- Snakes on a drain – ‘snake free’ NZ found to have Aussie serpents
- Big cats loose in NZ, the Goodnight Malaysian 370 book, the Mallard Moa hunt and more
- Scientists discover “springs of the deep” – vast subterranean oceans
- John Banks quits parliament
- ‘Totalitaria’ author Ian Wishart debates Greens leader Russel Norman on climate change
- Rural 4G opens up in New Zealand
- Get rich quick scheme leaves promoters broke
- NZ’s Climate Change Ministry scores spectacular own goal – praises well-known sceptic
- Eve’s Bite by Ian Wishart
- Illogical – atheists want right to pray blessings at meetings
- Palestinian Christians told to stay put
- Methodists in electrocution shocker
- Time running out – pregnant Sudanese Christian has baby on death row
- Relic of Crusades found in Jerusalem
- Jordanian king pledges to protect Dome of the Rock
- Pope pays tribute to founder of modern Zionism
- Kirk Cameron compares marriage to car hitting a tree
- Writer of Martin Luther King’s most controversial speech dies
- Muslim graduates from Christian school, appreciates the values
- Snake gets pastor, tries son too
- Faith on the air gets results
- Pope hints he may let Catholic priests marry, links child abuse to satanism
- New Zealand’s Green Party loved by polygamists
- Eight months pregnant, sentenced to whipping and death in Sudan