New Zealand - Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:36 - 0 Comments
Family First NZ says Labour leader David Cunliffe should not be apologising for putting his family first and having some holiday time with them.
“All parents need some rest and recharging time, they need family time, and most importantly they need a good work-life balance,” says Bob McCoskrie, National Director of Family First NZ.
“Mr Cunliffe has set a good example for other parents that even when there are urgent issues at work, there should still be some time made available to focus on the needs of the family.”
We are in trouble as a nation when we expect our political leaders to work very long hours at the expense of their children and family time.
“We have no doubt that Mr Cunliffe will have created some great memories for his children from their short holiday time last week. His children have a right to know that they are also a high priority for their dad.”
“We are in trouble as a nation when we expect our political leaders to work very long hours at the expense of their children and family time,” says Mr McCoskrie.
“Good leadership is about finding that balance, and ensuring that family life is not sacrificed on the altar of political ambition and demands.”
Mr Cunliffe needs to send the message that his family deserved the time with him, and he deserved the time with his family.
- Separtists shot down MH17, shocked to discover it was civilian
- Australia: MH17 an ‘unspeakable crime’
- One law to rule us
- The asteroid strike that caused NZ mega-tsunami – RadioLive at 10pm
- Deep sea yacht rescue saves three in massive storm
- Snakes on a drain – ‘snake free’ NZ found to have Aussie serpents
- Big cats loose in NZ, the Goodnight Malaysian 370 book, the Mallard Moa hunt and more
- Scientists discover “springs of the deep” – vast subterranean oceans
- John Banks quits parliament
- ‘Totalitaria’ author Ian Wishart debates Greens leader Russel Norman on climate change
- Rural 4G opens up in New Zealand
- Get rich quick scheme leaves promoters broke
- NZ’s Climate Change Ministry scores spectacular own goal – praises well-known sceptic
- Eve’s Bite by Ian Wishart
- Illogical – atheists want right to pray blessings at meetings
- Palestinian Christians told to stay put
- Methodists in electrocution shocker
- Time running out – pregnant Sudanese Christian has baby on death row
- Relic of Crusades found in Jerusalem
- Jordanian king pledges to protect Dome of the Rock
- Pope pays tribute to founder of modern Zionism
- Kirk Cameron compares marriage to car hitting a tree
- Writer of Martin Luther King’s most controversial speech dies
- Muslim graduates from Christian school, appreciates the values
- Snake gets pastor, tries son too
- Faith on the air gets results
- Pope hints he may let Catholic priests marry, links child abuse to satanism
- New Zealand’s Green Party loved by polygamists
- Eight months pregnant, sentenced to whipping and death in Sudan
- Judith Collins – hung out to dry?
- The politics of separation
- The selling of New Zealand – feature article
- Is China buying Western political parties?
- The insidious propaganda packed into slogans
- Kaloba helps prevent childhood asthma attacks – clinical study
- Climate change breakthrough – CO2 cycle helps cool planet
- Former cop blows lid on NZ government bugging allegations – ministers implicated
- Ukraine in turmoil
- MASH TV star bears witness to Iranian executions